cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

repeat a sketch in creo 2.0

sportivo_cae
4-Participant

repeat a sketch in creo 2.0

Dear all,

i'm ew in creo, how i can repeat a part of a sketch (i.e. a liear repetition)

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:sportivo_cae)

Pattern is how you repeat features.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "part of a sketch". 

Maybe a screenshot to help clarify what you are trying to accomplish

sportivo_cae
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

i want create a  sinusoidal profile. for do it, i use two semicircunference. i draw in sketch section the sinusoidal profil. now i want two repeat this sinusoid for create my complete profile.

How i can do it???

@StephenW wrote:

Pattern is how you repeat features.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "part of a sketch". 

Maybe a screenshot to help clarify what you are trying to accomplish

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Create a new part.

create a sketch feature with one complete sinusoid.

finish that sketch feature

sinus.jpg

Select the sketch feature in the model tree.

select Pattern

change the option to direction

select a datum plane that make the pattern go in the direction you want it to

enter the increment  that works for you sinusoid.

enter the number of repeats.

pattern direction.jpg 

complete.jpg

kdirth
20-Turquoise

You can use Project while sketching to copy any line or edge onto the new sketch.  Internal sketches from previous features cannot be used as they are hidden.  But, the edges from the feature can be used.

Capture.JPG

There is always more to learn in Creo.

You can save 2D sketch as section (*sec) and import whenever required in sketch. 

Thanks a lot.

but i want create a sinusoidal profile with a succession of two semi-circunference.

I want drowing a sketch with the first sinusoid (costitued by two consecutise semicircunference ) and i want repeat this draw for 230 times.

How can i do it?

thans a lot

@sportivo_cae wrote:

Thanks a lot.

but i want create a sinusoidal profile with a succession of two semi-circunference.

I want drowing a sketch with the first sinusoid (costitued by two consecutise semicircunference ) and i want repeat this draw for 230 times.

How can i do it?

thans a lot

Pattern is what you want, I believe.  You may be familiar with Solidworks which allos for patterns within a single sketch. You cannot pattern within a single sketch in Creo.

So, create the sketch of the initial sketch with the two semicircumferences then pattern that sketch 230 times.  You probably want a directional pattern with the increment set the same as the length of your intial sketch. Select you sketch feature, select pattern on the toolbar, set to direction, pick an appropriate direction reference, enter an increment, set it to 230 instances.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

@KSM wrote:

You can save 2D sketch as section (*sec) and import whenever required in sketch. 

Thanks a lot.

How can i do it?

thans a lot

Top Tags