cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

rounds HELP 3

al204
1-Newbie

rounds HELP 3

hello proe users...

continuing the project of the spoon, I created the variable thickness using two offsets and blending these using a boundary blend. thank you all for your suggestions. I made sure to create the boundary blend from curves that are tangent to both offset surfaces.

unfortunately it is still impossible to create the rounds which are vital for the part, along the top and bottom edges.

any thoughs/ideas are appreciated

thanks

AL.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Here's a crazy thought...

What about if you were to make a solid of the existing geometry and then select the outside perimeter surfaces of the spoon (all the way around) and then do an OFFSET, EXPAND by a small amount. Then go back and create a "clean" cut all the way through, from let's say the top view. This cut cannot reference the surfaces you just offset (i.e. offset edges). After you have the "clean" cut, see if you can place the rounds.

Bob

I was able to create a .30 radius round on both edges just fine.

What size of round are you trying to create?

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags