cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

sketched text produces degenerate strokes

ptc-4737800
1-Newbie

sketched text produces degenerate strokes

I am working on a cosmetic sketch and when I enter the text, it returns an error, sketched text produces degenerate strokes.

This really gets me upset as nothing seems to fix it.

Any help is appreciated.

Spent two hours already trying to resolve this.

7 REPLIES 7

Migueal,

I created Cosmetic Sketch feature in Creo Parametric 2.0 successfully.

My suggestion is ... try to set different font.

... and add some picture showing the problem.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

It's failing because there's small edges in the font in relation to the scale of the part.

Try reducing the resolution of your part:

File > Prepare > Model Properties.

Adjust the accuracy to .0005 (or as needed).

Hope this helps!

Please tell what text and what font you are using.

You can also attach your file but let us know what version it was from and if it is academic or not.

It's been 4 years. With luck there was an answer before then.

It took PTC Support 5 years to resolve my issue... we're well within the reply window 😛

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Bwahahaha!

I have had this exact problem in the past and as suggested, font changes can help. Another thing I've found is that some characters are the source of the problem, too. I had to stop using any commas "," in my text strings or they would make the feature fail. Usually I'm using cosmetics to apply text to a part surface either for appearances or to actually drive engraving NC routines. I never understood why the period "." was okay, but not the comma. There might be other "forbidden" characters, too, I've just never found them.

I tend to use ISOFONT for this stuff, particularly the engraving, since it is very legible and produces minimal motions for the toolpaths.

Top Tags