cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

sweep feature.

gvora
6-Contributor

sweep feature.

Does anybody know how to add "Add Inn Fcs" for solide Geometry(NOT SURFACE) in Creo Parametric 1.0?

I am getting ambigous and unsatifactory answers from PTC technical Support.

Thanks.

Gautam Vora.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:gvora)

Gautam,

Add Inn Fcs option was removed in Creo Parametric 1.0.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

What? Why???? That was a great feature! Is there a replacement or other method? Why did they de-feature Creo?

gvora
6-Contributor

Hello Martin H & Frank S.

Product Development (R & D) of PTC thinks that, Add Inn Fcs for solid Geometry is redundant.

In practical world, it helps lot. Now since it has been taken off, two or more features will have to be

created in order to get intended model shape. This will increase the time to make model and in turn

reduce the productivity.

PTC Technical Support Department asks me to request as product enhancement and put

as request. Can you believe that two departments do not communicate with each other?

The reason for not communicating with each other is given that it is against ISO standard

policy.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

"Product Development (R & D) of PTC thinks that, Add Inn Fcs for solid Geometry is redundant.

In practical world, it helps lot. Now since it has been taken off, two or more features will have to be

created in order to get intended model shape. This will increase the time to make model and in turn

reduce the productivity."

Yep, another reason to stay on WF4. The arrogance displayed is unbelieveable. Redundant, really? WE, not the software and sales/marketing hacks, are the ones that should be dictating how the software is developed to make our life easier because we're the CUSTOMER! GM forgot this crucial fact, and the Japanese wiped out their market share because of it.

James62
10-Marble

More work for Fill feature... that stupidest thing.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:James62)

Yeah, that is sore point too. Fill? They should call it a "Flat" feature instead.

gvora
6-Contributor
(To:Patriot_1776)

I just checked the case in reference to sweep, which I opened a day before yesterday. PTC closed the

case without any solution. Also based on the Technical Support deparment recommendation, I have

requested product enhancement for sweep, let us see when it would be considered. Since year 2000,

I have put total 14 requests, I am not sure which one has been considered.

I hope some PR of PTC on Planet community will read, realize and then take this issue higher ups.

Gautam Vora.

Guatam,

There's a better tool coming out that will replace the existing ehancement submission process. It will be hosted here on PlanetPTC Community. Customers will be able to submit ideas, other members will be able to vote them up or down. Top ideas will be reviewed by and decisioned on by product management. Product managers will also comment on where it is in the process (Current functionality, Implementation in progress, For future consideration, No plans to implement, Under consideration, etc).

This will all be public and will remain so throughout the life of the idea. Tranparency is the keyword here.

When that new tool rolls out at the end of this month, beginning of April, I suggest entering this idea at that time so you have numbers backing your request.

I'll have more to share as the go-live date nears.

gvora
6-Contributor
(To:DanMarotta)

Dan Marotta,

There will be a meeting with technical support,the product development team and me. I would like you to

attend this meeting. Since this involves the issue I have put for discussion here.

Thanks.

Gautam Vora.

Gautam,

Yes, I am in touch with both teams and will be in attendance for this meeting.

Top Tags