Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread milling

Re: thread milling

Cheers Steve,

I've been wanting to do some thread milling for a while so I've got my chance. Will have a practice first ,does thread milling always start from the bottom of the hole ?

With Multi thread threadmills yes. Start from axis and exit from axis is your friend!! I would use it. Play with the parameters to see what they do.

Be aware that due to the lead in that the machine will go to a z depth slightly lower than the depth you specify as a blind depth. I bottomed out on a shank of a small threadmill early on in threadmilling by a thousandth or so.

Hello, Michael! I'm interested in Thread Milling tapered threads with an angle of 1.79 degrees per CREO3.

We get in the path of the 3 coordinates lines. Radius compensation is incorrect?

Привет, Майкл! меня интересует резьбофрезерование конических резьб с углом 1,79 градуса в CREO3.

Получаем траекторию перемещения в 3-х координатах линиями. Коррекция на радиус не отрабатывается?

Hello Olga,

can you explain further, what you mean with "get in the path of the 3 coordinates lines"?

Radius compensation is something you can define, but not really simulate in Creo, since the actual compensation value will be added on the machine.

Apart from this: It seems the original thread was rather generic on how to start with thread milling, while you seem to have a specific issue. Hence it may be better to open a new thread (this doesn't force users to go through a lot of non-related old posts to get to a new question).

But maybe you already did this? I saw you also opened this thread : threadmilling in creo 2.0

Or are these two different issue?

Gunter

Highlighted

Hello, Gunter!

sorry my bad english!

can you explain further, what you mean with "get in the path of the 3 coordinates lines"? - we get Move around lines 3 coordinates:

X17.275 Y1.95 Z-2.428

X17.697 Y1.802 Z-2.44

X18.076 Y1.564 Z-2.452

Radius compensation will not work.

when milling holes for threading

one question

Z.JPG

OK, what I see in the picture, is that there are two issues (maybe related with each other, maybe not):

1. CUTCOM command is missing in the output
  2. There is a strange movement down from one thread to another

ad 1: Assuming the parameter CUTCOM ON is set, there normally needs to be lead in and lead out for appropriate CUTCOM commands output - I see in lead in, but not lead out.

ad 2: This is really strange! Are these two different thread definitions?

Maybe you need lead out and lead in between them to avoid the tool simply stepping down?

how to create program for variable pitch threading sequence, can it be created in turning itself or it requires mill-turn???????????