cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

to make ptc_wm_revision start from 0 with a relation

tleati
10-Marble

to make ptc_wm_revision start from 0 with a relation

Hello,

I have to use the Windchill parameter PTC_WM_REVISION, which is a string and starts in my case from 1.

In our drawings we want it to start from 0 (for stardards-related reasons), therefore I thought the easiest thing would be to report it in the drawing with a relation with something like "&ptc_wm_revision -1" or, as an alternative, to create a parameter in part's relations with the line rev_drawing=ptc_wm_revision-1.

The problem I realized is that ptc_wm_revision is a string and being a system parameter it cannot be changed to real number, nor I could use any operator as there seems not to be any opposite of "itos()".

Anyone has suggestions on how to set up this? (Maybe there is a way to modify in Windchill preferences the properties of "ptc_wm_revision"?)

thanks

bye bye

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tleati)

The right way to handle this is to change the versioning scheme in Windchill to start at '0'.  This will only apply to new objects created and will have no effect on existing objects.  Take a look at these:

<Windchill Server>/Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=ObjRulesChp_VersionSchemeChg&action=show

or

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=ObjRulesChp_VersionSchemeChg&action=show

and

<Windchill Server>/Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=ObjRulesChp_FileBasedScheme&action=show

or

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=ObjRulesChp_FileBasedScheme&action=show

tleati
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

Hello Tom,

thanks a lot for the tips, I will try and change those settings therefore and in case let you know.

bye bye

Top Tags