cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

to measure mass properties in different units.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

to measure mass properties in different units.

it would very nice if we are able to measure mass properties in units other than the unit we have set for the part. for example if i have chosen "mmns_part_solid"......the measurement of mass is in tonnes.

there should be an option to meaure mass etc. in units other than the set unit,without changing the set unit.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Have you looked at the options using the "measure" dialog?

You can also apply whatever unit of measure you want in user defined parameters.

i am particularly talking about the mass properties measurement in the analysis tab.

hi rohit..., u r right..., this has to be implemented by PTC.

In measure ment dialog there has option for setting different units. However for only mass property measuring tab, it seems this is not possible.

You are right, I was thinking measurements.

I was able to build relations for mass properties to give me other units without too much trouble.

You can calculate the Mass Properties by changing them in file>prepare>model properties>Mass Properties. Of course, it would be better if you first select a material on the same page.

Once you calculate the mass properties (click Calculate), these properties are added to your part parameter list. Now all you need to do is add parameter using the units you want. Now you have relations that can be used in whatever form of report you need.

I know... more work that one should think is required but it is there, as so many other things with PTC.

mass_properties_conversion.JPG

Top Tags