cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

trying to Loft a 3 axis curve surface for a helicopter windshied

mchristensen
2-Guest

trying to Loft a 3 axis curve surface for a helicopter windshied

This is for a 1949 military help - Skicorsky HS-03 Dragonfly.   Have measurements of the frame of the windshield and can model it in 3 orthogonal planes (X Y Z).   Each has a curved arc which touch at the corners - pairs like XY, YZ, XZ.  When I try to make Matchlines get errors that indicate the point not in plane must have corresponding point.  Not sure what this is telling me.  Is it because the corners of the arcs do not lie in the paired planes?  Not sure if I can do separate Matchlines or in one operation (add to part).   I can attach .PKG file if someone can help.

Mick in San Diego

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I see you tagged this as "Direct". Is this in Creo Direct or Creo Elements Direct? They are different (and I'm not familiar with either) and Creo Elements direct has it's own forum, located outside the "PTC Creo" area here:

Browse > Communities > Creo Elements Direct

I had to filter the Communities list by "Direct" to find it.

Or just use this link, but I wanted you to know how to navigate there in the future.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Doug,

Thanks a million!   I have Creo Elements Direct ver 6.0 (the free one).   I worked for HP during the transition from their homebrew cad, which eventually was sold to outside (CoCreate) and then bought by PTC.   Same basic look and feel but so much better now.   I use the system on my home PC to do my woodworking and other projects.   Of course, can't afford a maintenence contract, but love the community approach.

Thanks again for the heads up,

Mick

Top Tags