cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

turn off annotation display by default

wrbird
5-Regular Member

turn off annotation display by default

Can someone tell me how to turn off 3D Annotation Display by default?  Every time I open an assembly the Annotation Display is set to show.  How to I set it to Hide when I open a file?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:wrbird)

Go to File - Options - Entity Display and find "Show Annotations and Annotation Elements", uncheck the box and when you push OK, it should prompt you to if you want to save the settings, choose yes and *hopefully* you will have a config.pro you can save to.

wrbird
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Thank you!

Hello Steve,

Is there an alternate way this can be done?  I have the same annoying problem and when I follow your instructions the box next to "Show annotations and Annotation Elements" is already unchecked...  Is it possible this can still be controlled with a config option?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mike

Set this in your config.pro to disable the annotation display.

display_annotations no

Well never mind.  I answered my own question...

Apparently the config file saves the setting for this display entity independently for assemblies and parts.  So, while I had the feature disable for assemblies, because it WAS enabled at the part level it still showed up in my assembly...

Update:  I think I need to slow down in my posts...  The solution that I "thought" worked actually only holds true for the individual parts.. In other words I'd need to go in and change this setting in every single part where it is currently enabled.

The solution Ben proposed is actually what I was looking for.  The Config setting always takes precedent and as such makes for a much better option then changing every single file.  Thanks Ben!

Regards,

Mike

Top Tags