cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

unable to make flat part

rkadam
4-Participant

unable to make flat part

UNABLE TO MAKE FLAT PART.jpgplease help me to make flat part using creo 2 of attached part file

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:rkadam)

Start reading here http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/sheetmetal/Your_Design/About_Designing_in_Sheetmetal_Design.html

Then decide where the part will be divided so that it can be opened up and flattened. You can do this by creating a paper copy just like your model and cutting with scissors where you want to see which cuts will be required in order to flatten the paper model.

These are where you will need to add rip features to the model.

Also notice that the part needs to be of uniform thickness. This model is not - the corners need to have radius on the inside and outside to transition from the bottom to the sides to the top.

This did convert fairly well. I used a trick learled not long ago on the curved edges that made ripping thos edges easier. Notive that I added radii to all the corners and then used the surface rip to open them up. remember to pick all 20 surfaces; not just the 4.

alsopleasedonotaddspacestofilenamesincludingzipfilessincecreodoesn'tseethosethankyou.

unfold_success.PNG

This one has a little refinement on the bend reliefs by creating the rounds before the shell.

unfold_success_II.PNGunfold_success_III.PNG

Top Tags