cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

using d values to get the sum between to two.

cncwhiz
1-Newbie

using d values to get the sum between to two.

I have a drawing table that has all of its values comming from the part. I want to take and &d - &d to get the value in my drawing. I have tried relations and I am getting errors. This is what I am trying to get to output the correct valve in my table "(&d1044-&d1043) plus the corner radii *2. How can I do this?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Terry

Create a relation that could be named sum such that the equation would be

sum=d1044-d1043+radii(need the real d#)*2 make sure you verify relations before closing relations tool window.

Then call out the parameter sum on your drawing.

Regards

In Reply to Terry Thomas:

I have a drawing table that has all of its values comming from the part. I want to take and &d - &d to get the value in my drawing. I have tried relations and I am getting errors. This is what I am trying to get to output the correct valve in my table "(&d1044-&d1043) plus the corner radii *2. How can I do this?

Eric Mills

Design and Project manager

http://www.rapidoconsulting.com

eric.mills@rapidoconsulting.com

Or put the sum parameter in your family table in order to show it in a
drawing table if there is more than one value that will need to be paired
with other values for different instances.

There is no way to short cut the system to put the actual formula in the
drawing table, in the on screen notes or to overwrite a reference
dimension. You have to take it a step at a time and do the relations in
the relations editor and pass that information in to a parameter then call
out the "new" parameter.

Brian S. Lynn
Technical Coordinator, Product Engineering
Top Tags