cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

vision_obscuration.avi

ecoutu-disabled
1-Newbie

vision_obscuration.avi

This Step by step video gives you the information to evaluate the vision obscuration of a manikin sitting into a cab.     It would allow you to generate a ''foot print'' on the ground of the manikin visibility.

then change the posture, change manikin and the analysis can be updated

Special thanks to Urs Simmler

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi this link no longer works can you re-post please

And it won't play in Windows 7 64 bit

I cannot get it to play with windows media player on win 7 64 or in quicktime.

Is this file saved with some special codec?

any chance you can post it to youtube or repost plain .avi without special codec, or plain .mov for quicktime?

Search the documents area for a video codec from Techsmith that I've added recently (I'm not able to add the link here). Hope it works.

The way this works is simple -

Place a point on the ground and another at the eye point. Create a curve from one point to the other, then create an analysis feature computing the distance from the enclosure to the curve. Group the target point, the curve and the analysis feature and then create a User Defined Analysis. This should create a colored field representing the distance values. Since all points obscured by the enclosure will have a distance to the curve of 0, the color represents the visibility of the ground plane from the view point.

Nice intro to using User Defined Analysis features.

http://download.techsmith.com/tscc/tscc.exe is a link to the codec.

Can't get this file to play either (even with the TechSmith codec installed).

Can somebody advise on the player/configuration needed for successful viewing?

I've just tried it in vlc media player and it works.

Thanks, Vincent -- VLC does indeed work (unlike all the others players I've tried: DivX, WM, RealPlayer etc).

Good to know that UDA (which we wrote back in the 90's) is still used.

Top Tags