cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

weld annotations

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

weld annotations

Anybody know how I can hide a weld feature in the model but still display the weld annotation / symbol in the drawing?
Better yet, is there an option I can set to have welds show up as a solid and make them obey the view settings for hidden lines?
I have a couple of simple welds, and they're all showing up as surfaces.
Plus the welds on the back side of the part are being displayed even thought the view is set to no hidden.
If I hide the welds in the model; I lose the weld symbols in the drawing.

Any suggestions ?
Thanks and STUFF

Tw

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TracyWillis)

You can set the welds to a layer and turn them off there.
For the welds showing through the view, since they are quilts (surfaces) they don't follow the standard rules, you have to toggle the switch for HLR for quilts in those views.

[cid:image001.png@01CF27C9.A1A88780]

cprice
6-Contributor

Just use the button to turn off the display of annotations.(See attachment)

Charlie Price
Strategic Technical Services LLC
Phone 330.887.9295 Desk/Mobile/FAX
Main 888.479.1566x127
charlie.price@stechservices.com
----------
TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Thanks Steve. This is what I needed. The welds on the back of the part are hidden in the view and the annotations are still visible.
I completely forgot about this setting. Hardly ever use welds.

Have a good day all
Tw
Top Tags