cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

what is mirrored merge?

gkrishna
2-Guest

what is mirrored merge?

in a part file there is this mirrored merge feature,normal mirror feature doesn't work. why is that normal mirror feature won't work?

and how and when to use mirror merge?

Snap1.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is the xtop version of merge.

Model tab - Operations>Feature Operations>copy>mirror>All Feat>dependent/independent...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I've only seen the mirror merge feature when a part has been save-as a mirrored part. It can be dependent or not. It looks like yours is not dependent. It seems to internally group all the feaures and mirrors it.

I've only seen the mirror merge feature when a part has been save-as a mirrored part.

yes in the beginning of feature tree in new part file,i am confused how is this done in the middle and base part is that part itself.

and normal mirror doesn't work.

Yes, I am looking at it now. As it is, the part is merged with itself. But that option is not available in Get Data so someone played a trick. I'd like to know what that trick is too.

It is the xtop version of merge.

Model tab - Operations>Feature Operations>copy>mirror>All Feat>dependent/independent...

oh yes in wilfire its under Edit menu>Feature Operations>copy>mirror>All Feat>dependent/independent.

thank you so much.

Anytime

I have similar type of question, How to edit Mirrored Merge Feature, I can't seem to get the insert tool to stay where I want it.

Please suggest me best solution for the same

Top Tags