cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Connecting Performance Advisor with Windchill - PA_Agent_Conf.xml

AR_9449613
5-Regular Member

Connecting Performance Advisor with Windchill - PA_Agent_Conf.xml

Hello, 

I´m currently trying to connect our WCN (11.2.1.) with the performance advisor. 

For that, I need to configure the PA_Agent_Conf.xml. So far I get some errors in my logs. 

My guess is that my edgeHost is wrong. Does somebody know a method how to find out the correct edgeHost (remoteHost)? 

<edgeHost>mucwtorg.biz</edgeHost>
<edgePort>8443</edgePort>
<edgeProtocol>wss</edgeProtocol>
<edgeAppPath>/Thingworx/WS</edgeAppPath>
<edgeAppKey></edgeAppKey>

Is it possible to test the connection without waiting the whole night for the new logs? Otherwise, I lose much time with testing if my conf file is configured correctly. 

Thank you

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Alex,

There is an open issue in rest end point to which PA Agent connects to, hence PA_Agent_Conf.xml is not getting populated/updated.

The issue in rest end point is planned be resolved by 30th April 2021

Regards

Anirudha

AR_9449613
5-Regular Member
(To:ahanchat)

Hey Anirudha, 

thanks for your answer. 

So I will not be able to connect Windchill to PTC's Performance Advisor backend until April 30? 

I just want to double check this issue as we have some reports that are transmitted as per the Transmitted Data Gagdet and many that fail. 

Do you perhaps have an official statement on this?

Thank you

Best regards, 

Alex

Hi Alex,

If you already have Performance Advisor configured in Windchill, then windchill server should be able to connect to backend to send reports.

Currently the issue is when you want to setup/configure PA Agent the first time.

Can you please email me the GUID against which you see failed in Transmitted Data Gadget

Regards

Anirudha

Top Tags