cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Dashboard loses connection in a browser

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Dashboard loses connection in a browser

I am logged in to the Performance Advisor Dashboard on PTC's site.  Whenever I leave the browser alone for a short period of time it loses connection.  For instance: If I select to show one of the users it opens in another tab.  Then if I get called away, or just get on another task temporarily, and come back  then I see this in the user list.

PA_error.jpg

This happens in both IE9 and Chrome 42.

I can do a refresh.  Sometimes the info comes back and sometimes it doesn't.  Most of the time in IE the screen goes gray on a refresh.  Then I have to close that tab and reopen it after a fresh of the previous tab.  Most of the time in IE I have to close all the tabs and open the Dashboard again to start all over.  Chrome seems to work better but it still loses connection.

In Chrome I will also get this error.

PA_error2.jpg

Any idea why this happens or if it can be fixed?

6 REPLIES 6
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

I guess nobody knows.

Hi Steve,

Sorry about my late reply, I was researching the situation a bit. This issue, where you see the red triangle when the browser goes idle, is know to our developers. They are working on a solution to the problem, and i will be sure to publish an article tracking the defect. Once the article is ready, I will post a link on this thread.

For now, i believe the workaround is to refresh the browser as you noted,

- Dan

Thank you Dan.  I am interested in what you find.

Dan,

Any update?

Dan this is the same issue it looks like that i emailed you about a day or so ago.

Here is the article tracking this issue: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS228017&lang=en_US

The development team is working to catch up on SPRs at the moment.

Thanks for your patience,

- Dan

Top Tags