cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Generate a data file without registering WPA with PTC server

brobinson
1-Newbie

Generate a data file without registering WPA with PTC server

We would like to begin looking at WPA by generating a data file see what information it collects.  All of our Windchill servers are blocked from making outgoing connections to the Internet.  So I am unable to register the server with PTC.  Getting a new firewall rule approved to allow outgoing connections to apps.ptc.com is going to require multiple levels of approval and take a considerable amount of time.  Is it possible to generate a data file for analysis, without activating WPA?  Like a command issued in a Windchill shell?

10 REPLIES 10
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:brobinson)

You can preview the data without actually sending anything.  This is from Site --> Utilities:

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Tom,

I think preview it's only for Windchill 11.

I can't see preview button on 10.2 M030 CPS12.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

This is from 10.2 M030.  (Of course you do have to install the WPA patch first...)

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Tom,

I had WPA installed, and also already applied 4 recommendations.WPA.png

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Not sure why yours is named different, but it's the same as "Generate ZIP".  That's all the "Preview Data" button is doing - generating the zip file and downloading it locally so you can look at it.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

I think it's the same data you can find under "...\utilities\PerformanceAdvisor\Reports\create" folder

Marco
brobinson
1-Newbie

Since I am unable to activate WPA to PTC's servers (due to Firewall restrictions), I do not have any options on the Settings section of WPA.  See screenshot.WPA-11.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

What if you set it to "yes" (even without activating)?

brobinson
1-Newbie

I switched it to "Yes, I want to send data to PTC."  And there was no change.  No Data Types appear.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Odd.  My "Preview Data" button stays active when "Yes" or "No" is checked (and the settings saved.)  Maybe it does have something to do with the initial SCN validation.  Let me see if I can find a way to "unvalidate".

Top Tags