Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a data file without registering WPA with PTC server

Generate a data file without registering WPA with PTC server

We would like to begin looking at WPA by generating a data file see what information it collects.  All of our Windchill servers are blocked from making outgoing connections to the Internet.  So I am unable to register the server with PTC.  Getting a new firewall rule approved to allow outgoing connections to apps.ptc.com is going to require multiple levels of approval and take a considerable amount of time.  Is it possible to generate a data file for analysis, without activating WPA?  Like a command issued in a Windchill shell?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Generate a data file without registering WPA with PTC server

You can preview the data without actually sending anything.  This is from Site --> Utilities:

Tom,

I think preview it's only for Windchill 11.

I can't see preview button on 10.2 M030 CPS12.

Marco

This is from 10.2 M030.  (Of course you do have to install the WPA patch first...)

Since I am unable to activate WPA to PTC's servers (due to Firewall restrictions), I do not have any options on the Settings section of WPA.  See screenshot.WPA-11.JPG

Tom,

I had WPA installed, and also already applied 4 recommendations.WPA.png

Marco

Not sure why yours is named different, but it's the same as "Generate ZIP".  That's all the "Preview Data" button is doing - generating the zip file and downloading it locally so you can look at it.

I think it's the same data you can find under "...\utilities\PerformanceAdvisor\Reports\create" folder

Marco

What if you set it to "yes" (even without activating)?

I switched it to "Yes, I want to send data to PTC."  And there was no change.  No Data Types appear.