cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Performance Advisor for Windchill - Not Updating

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Performance Advisor for Windchill - Not Updating

Curious if anyone else is having problems with the Performance Advisor for Windchill site not updating regularly.  The Creo site seems fine but the Windchill site hasn't updated in over 8 days for one of my servers and 5 days for another.

I opened a case a week ago with tech support but still haven't heard back on the cause.  Yes, I've confirmed that data from three different Windchill systems is being sent (at least it's present in the sent directory.)

13 REPLIES 13
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Tom,

look at this Windchill Performance Advisor Patch Available for Windchill 10.2 M030

I'm having same issue.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Thanks Marco Tosin. Good to know I'm not the only one.  My case is tied to the same SPR. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Marco Tosin‌,

In doing some digging today, I noticed something.  Both my production and my test systems are reporting the exact same GUID.  This is pretty surprising since they have different hostnames.  Apparently the GUID generating algorithm isn't taking enough differentiating factors into account to come up with unique numbers.  I'm thinking this may be part of the trouble.  We'll see what support says...

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Thanks for your info Tom.

At the moment I have only my Dev server in PA for Windchill because next week we will do a rehost for Test.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV

PTC has confirmed that they have a problem with GUIDs not being unique in cloned (or in my case, rehosted) systems.  I am waiting to hear what CPS the fix will be delivered in, but the issue does exist in both 10.2 and 11.0.  The only workaround for now is to only configure one system per GUID to upload data.

This still doesn't explain the website not updating for multiple days.  I have other systems with unique GUIDs that are still seeing a 3 - 4 day lag.  The zip files in the sent folder clearly show the data is going to PTC each night...

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Tom,

now that it's possible to modify the name of GUID, maybe you can distinguish your server per number of MS or CPS installed.

For example we have 1 MS for Dev system, 2 for Test and 4 for Prod, because they have different quantity of RAM.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Actually, the GUID conflict may be preventing either one from uploading data.  Either that or there is some issue with 10.2 M030 systems.  Both of my 11.0 (test) systems are uploading fine, but there are no successful uploads from the 10.2 systems.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm really starting to wonder how well PTC tested this before releasing it to the public.  Neither the "License Usage" widget or the "Object Growth Rate" widgets seem to be working at all...

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Beta tester at zero cost, or better to say paying beta testers?

Marco
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Hi Tom,

after last week rehost, we activated PA for Windchill also for our Test server.

I can confirm that GUID sent is the same for both Dev and Test.

Have you already opened a case for this issue?

Marco

Hi,

We are in the process of working on a fix for this issue which will come in the form of a command line utility allowing you to designate a new GUID for your rehosted system. Please check back on this thread early next week for updates on availability.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:wsaad)

Hi Walid,

thanks for your update.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes, this was discovered as part of a case I have open.  Walid's comment about a command line solution is new.  I was told by tech support that a fix would come in a future critical patch set and to configure any cloned or rehosted systems to not send performance advisor data until this is fixed.

Top Tags