Curious if anyone else is having problems with the Performance Advisor for Windchill site not updating regularly. The Creo site seems fine but the Windchill site hasn't updated in over 8 days for one of my servers and 5 days for another.
I opened a case a week ago with tech support but still haven't heard back on the cause. Yes, I've confirmed that data from three different Windchill systems is being sent (at least it's present in the sent directory.)
I'm having same issue.
In doing some digging today, I noticed something. Both my production and my test systems are reporting the exact same GUID. This is pretty surprising since they have different hostnames. Apparently the GUID generating algorithm isn't taking enough differentiating factors into account to come up with unique numbers. I'm thinking this may be part of the trouble. We'll see what support says...
Thanks for your info Tom.
At the moment I have only my Dev server in PA for Windchill because next week we will do a rehost for Test.
PTC has confirmed that they have a problem with GUIDs not being unique in cloned (or in my case, rehosted) systems. I am waiting to hear what CPS the fix will be delivered in, but the issue does exist in both 10.2 and 11.0. The only workaround for now is to only configure one system per GUID to upload data.
This still doesn't explain the website not updating for multiple days. I have other systems with unique GUIDs that are still seeing a 3 - 4 day lag. The zip files in the sent folder clearly show the data is going to PTC each night...
now that it's possible to modify the name of GUID, maybe you can distinguish your server per number of MS or CPS installed.
For example we have 1 MS for Dev system, 2 for Test and 4 for Prod, because they have different quantity of RAM.
Actually, the GUID conflict may be preventing either one from uploading data. Either that or there is some issue with 10.2 M030 systems. Both of my 11.0 (test) systems are uploading fine, but there are no successful uploads from the 10.2 systems.
I'm really starting to wonder how well PTC tested this before releasing it to the public. Neither the "License Usage" widget or the "Object Growth Rate" widgets seem to be working at all...