Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Old Servers

Re: Removing Old Servers

Good grief, I hope not.  I already have to reapply the ThingWorx patch after every CPS installation.  It really lengthens the time required to install the CPS each month.  In my opinion, installing the monthly critical patch sets should not break other previously released and installed patches.

I agree with you Tom.

Marco

Hi Tom,

below some fresh news arrived today from TS about removing old servers.

Hi Marco,

As per R&D (11th of October) the implementation is done. They are just waiting for QA’s sign-off.

I will ask for a fresh update and keep you posted.

Best regards

Michael

Marco

Thanks Marco Tosin‌.  I too heard something similar.  Sound like tech support will now be able to manually remove unwanted GUIDs.  No idea if they will extend this out to the end users or not.

Another update from TS.

Hi Marco,

R&D is currently looking into the "update of GUIDs" issue.

A first attempt to fix it had to be rolled back.

Other customers are also requesting the same feature.

We will get some update soon hopefully.

Marco

This is the last update I received Monday from TS:

Hi Marco,

R&D just confirmed that the only way of removing obsolete GUIDs is to give us the numbers so we can hide them on the server side.

There is currently no UI allowing customers to do so.

Please let me know the GUIDs which should be hidden for you so I can communicate them to R&D if you want us to hide them.

Thank you and best regards

Michael

Since last week I also saw a new section (Proactive Support) on the daily mail sent by TS.

Can someone of this group owners ( Dan Nowitz, Matt Chant, Walid Saad, Steve Shaw) give more lights on how it is intended to works this feature?

I think that proactive information sent daily via TS mail should be only for server marked as production.

I don't want to receive, every day, a remind on server I have dismissed, but on this I would like to hear what other users think about it.

Case.PNG

Marco

Yes, I had several servers hidden by tech support.  It took a couple of months, but the end result was as intended.  It is too bad this can't be handled directly by the end users.

I agree on the recommendations.  I can see sending them out once, but every day seems a little excessive, especially if there haven't been any changes.