Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS01 Not Uploading to WPA

Re: Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS01 Not Uploading to WPA

For anyone who might be following this thread, it looks like we have a solution.

Starting with Windchill 11.0 M030, the piece built into Windchill to communicate back to PTC has been replaced by a stand-alone ThingWorx edge client called PAAgent.  It runs as a separate service (on Windows) and is installed automatically the first time the SCN is validated.  It is designed to monitor a set of folders and automatically upload new data back to PTC each day.  It is possible to install this agent by itself and use it to collect performance data from other servers that do not have internet connectivity.

There were two issues with my servers.

1. The service was not installed correctly.  Re-verifying the SCN corrected this (after three attempts.)
  2. The Windchill Performance Advisor website was not correctly ingesting the data generated by this new agent.  A fix has already been developed and will be deployed to PTC's production servers tonight.

There are several new articles that tech support is working on to more fully explain all of this.  For new installs or updates to existing installs, it is important to re-verify the SCN.  This will make sure the service is properly installed.  For rehosting scenarios, the process now looks like this:

• Stop the agent (if it's already installed)
  • Uninstall the service (PTC will provide a command line utility to do this)
  • Rehost
  • Startup Windchill
  • Run the GUID change utility (CS236189)
  • Restart Windchill
  • Re-validate the SCN (so the service can be reinstalled)

It is a really interesting topic here.

Even if we are trying to make Windchill Performance Advisor work on our WC 11 m010 cps07 servers. So, no such dedicated service installed. But issues look the same, SCN and transport have been validated and validated again but data is not uploaded to PTC's on our "Proactive Zone". I only see info for 1 server with data uploaded just once, some weeks ago. Meanwhile, on the servers themselves, reports are stored in the folder ...\Windchill\utilities\PerformanceAdvisor\Reports\sent just as if everything always go well...

I have opened a case some weeks ago but issue is still here.

Hi Jos,

Can you please provide the case#?

Thanks,

Anirudha

Hi Anirudha,

It is Case 13872829. I have just uploaded logs from last night, from a test server, where it is said :com.ptc.wa.send.WAReportSendManager Administrator - Report was successfully sent on attempt number 1 and took 30.411 seconds. Nevertheless, i do not have anything uploaded on the proactive zone at PTC's...

Regards

Jocelyn

Hi Anirudha it is since PTC did some maintenance on PA site two weeks ago, that nothing were loaded for our company (either Creo and Windchill). Look at this discussion: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Discussions/When-Windchill-Performance-Advisor-will-be-back-with-new-da...
Marco