Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill Performance Advisor patch 10.2 M030 WPA2 is now available

Windchill Performance Advisor patch 10.2 M030 WPA2 is now available

Windchill Performance Advisor Patch 10.2_M030-WPA2 is now available for download here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/patch/patch_details.jsp?n=1970

This patch addresses the following issues:

System data may not update correctly in Windchill Performance Advisor

Windchill Performance Advisor GUID is duplicated after rehosting in Windchill

For more information on installing the patch please see the following article:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=227953

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Windchill Performance Advisor patch 10.2 M030 WPA2 is now available

I have installed patch WPA2.

Now I can see data transmitted for every server (Dev and Test at the moment).

Still no data for license usage.

SVI.PNG

Marco

A couple of things to check to start with.

1: Make sure that the LicenseReport.xml is being generated in the create and sent folders under Windchill\utilities\PerformanceAdvisor\reports

2: Make sure that the report has a <WindchillServerInfo> section that has the correct SCN and GUID

3: I know some gadgets need at least 2 consecutive reports to be able to provide data, so try setting the LicenseReport to update Daily and then give it 48 hours to generate and upload 2 reports to see if you start to see data

4: It might be worth looking at some debug to make sure the report is uploading properly.Given the other data is okay, I doubt this is the issue, but its worth looking at.

com.ptc.wa ALL

wt.jmx.core.transport ALL

would work to start

If everything looks good after two uploads of a good report, and you still aren't seeing anything then we'll need to look into it further at this end to see if the data is making it to the database that drives the UI

You'll need to open a case and provide the reports which will give us the SCN and GUIDs we'll need to look further at the issue

Matt,

thanks for your answer.

I ask a colleague to take a look at it, because I'll be on vacation until next Tuesday.

Marco

Hello Matt,

after your suggestions we checked license configuration and changed frequency from monthly to weekly (it seems that we can't set daily sending).

We had a license report sent on May 15th and, at the moment, it's the only one so, reading point 3 of your comment, it seems that we have to wait until next week to see license data in our dashboard.

Thanks

Marco

Hello Matt,

today I have checked again, in my dashboard, license usage data and, although I can see LicenseReport.xml in sent folders, there isn't any data.

I checked all your suggestions and it seems that all configurations is OK.

I remembered that when we started with PA for Creo there was an issue about multiple SCN (see below) that prevent us to see data in dashboard even if sessions was sent.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS204234

Marco

Hi Marco,

If the reports are generating and uploading okay, then the next thing we'll have to look at is to make sure the data is ingesting correctly at this end.

Can you open a case with Technical Support and supply the zipped contents of the last two sent folders and a screen shot of the current state of the Dashboard ?

Thanks.

Note that the License Usage reports are available starting with Windchill 11.0 and later. When you are on a 10.2 system, the license usage XML file will get generated but will not include the data set required to populate the License Usage gadget in Performance Advisor, it contains other higher level information such as number of registered users, deleted users, disconnected users as well as membership counts for specific license groups.

Highlighted

Walid Saad‌,

Is this documented somewhere?  I have several cases open with tech support related to WPA and no one has mentioned anything about this limitation.

Tom,

Its not clearly documented, we will updated the Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill Help documentation to indicate that license usage reports are only supported for Windchill 11.0 and later releases. Also note that the License Usage reports are only supported for PDMLink and ProjectLink only installs, we are looking to extend this capability to other modules in future Windchill releases. See the License Usage reports in Windchill 11 Help Center for more information:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=NewandChanged_LicenseTypeTracking...