cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Performance Advisor patch 10.2 M030 WPA2 is now available

mchant
7-Bedrock

Windchill Performance Advisor patch 10.2 M030 WPA2 is now available

Windchill Performance Advisor Patch 10.2_M030-WPA2 is now available for download here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/patch/patch_details.jsp?n=1970

This patch addresses the following issues:

System data may not update correctly in Windchill Performance Advisor

Windchill Performance Advisor GUID is duplicated after rehosting in Windchill

For more information on installing the patch please see the following article:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=227953

21 REPLIES 21

I have installed patch WPA2.

Now I can see data transmitted for every server (Dev and Test at the moment).

Still no data for license usage.

SVI.PNG

Marco

A couple of things to check to start with.

1: Make sure that the LicenseReport.xml is being generated in the create and sent folders under Windchill\utilities\PerformanceAdvisor\reports

2: Make sure that the report has a <WindchillServerInfo> section that has the correct SCN and GUID

3: I know some gadgets need at least 2 consecutive reports to be able to provide data, so try setting the LicenseReport to update Daily and then give it 48 hours to generate and upload 2 reports to see if you start to see data

4: It might be worth looking at some debug to make sure the report is uploading properly.Given the other data is okay, I doubt this is the issue, but its worth looking at.

com.ptc.wa ALL

wt.jmx.core.transport ALL

would work to start

If everything looks good after two uploads of a good report, and you still aren't seeing anything then we'll need to look into it further at this end to see if the data is making it to the database that drives the UI

You'll need to open a case and provide the reports which will give us the SCN and GUIDs we'll need to look further at the issue

Matt,

thanks for your answer.

I ask a colleague to take a look at it, because I'll be on vacation until next Tuesday.

Marco

Hello Matt,

after your suggestions we checked license configuration and changed frequency from monthly to weekly (it seems that we can't set daily sending).

We had a license report sent on May 15th and, at the moment, it's the only one so, reading point 3 of your comment, it seems that we have to wait until next week to see license data in our dashboard.

Thanks

Marco

Hello Matt,

today I have checked again, in my dashboard, license usage data and, although I can see LicenseReport.xml in sent folders, there isn't any data.

I checked all your suggestions and it seems that all configurations is OK.

I remembered that when we started with PA for Creo there was an issue about multiple SCN (see below) that prevent us to see data in dashboard even if sessions was sent.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS204234

Marco

Hi Marco,

If the reports are generating and uploading okay, then the next thing we'll have to look at is to make sure the data is ingesting correctly at this end.

Can you open a case with Technical Support and supply the zipped contents of the last two sent folders and a screen shot of the current state of the Dashboard ?

Thanks.

wsaad
11-Garnet
(To:mchant)

Note that the License Usage reports are available starting with Windchill 11.0 and later. When you are on a 10.2 system, the license usage XML file will get generated but will not include the data set required to populate the License Usage gadget in Performance Advisor, it contains other higher level information such as number of registered users, deleted users, disconnected users as well as membership counts for specific license groups.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:wsaad)

Walid Saad‌,

Is this documented somewhere?  I have several cases open with tech support related to WPA and no one has mentioned anything about this limitation.

wsaad
11-Garnet
(To:TomU)

Tom,

Its not clearly documented, we will updated the Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill Help documentation to indicate that license usage reports are only supported for Windchill 11.0 and later releases. Also note that the License Usage reports are only supported for PDMLink and ProjectLink only installs, we are looking to extend this capability to other modules in future Windchill releases. See the License Usage reports in Windchill 11 Help Center for more information:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=NewandChanged_LicenseTypeTracking&action=show

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Walid Saad‌, I guess I was more referring to documentation in the knowledge base.  Tech support does not appear to be currently aware of this limitation.  Thanks.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Walid,

now that CPS16 for 10.2 M030 is out, I 'd like to ask why you have created a gadget to check License Usage that is useless on 10.2 while, with CPS16, you have added new License profile.

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/169940/en/WindchillLicenseProfilesGroupsPatch_TechnicalBrief.pdf

Thanks

Marco

Hi Marco,

License Profiles are fairly different from License Usage reports; the latter is a Windchill 11 only feature; so you are correct it will not work for 10.2 but will work for 11.0 as described in my previous post.

We do have plans to provide feedback through the gadgets in the event there is no data displayed; whether its due to incompatibility, missing data or applied filters in the dashboard.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Walid,

this discussion is more than one year old, but still license usage doesn't work, even with Windchill 11.0 M020.

I saw a case opened last November and never updated.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS250597

Have you some update to share to the community?

Thanks

Marco
rchamatkar
5-Regular Member
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Hi,

This issue is indetified and will be fixed in next CPS of 11.0 M020.

Its specific to customer which ESI solution in Windchill.

Thanks,

Rupesh.

Thanks for your reply.

With next 11.0 M020 CPS do you mean 11?

Marco
rchamatkar
5-Regular Member

Yes.  11.0 M020 CPS 11.

Thanks,

Rupesh

Hi Rupesh,

CPS11 is available for download, but I can't see a solution for this issue in release notes document:

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172303/en/WindchillCore11.0M020CPSReleaseNotes.pdf

Same thing for related article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS250597

Any good news about it?

Thanks

Marco
rchamatkar
5-Regular Member

HI Marco,

Sorry for delay on this, it will be next CPS and under approval process.

But there is a simple workaround to fix this issue that you can use for now.

Please follow below steps -

1. Open file wt_home\codebase\com\ptc\wa\xsd\D:\windchill_servers\x26_cps07\Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\wa\xsd\WindchillUsage_V1.xsd

-->Look for to element structure with name - <xs:complexType name="PTCWindchillIntegrationforMES_ProficyType">

-->Inside this element structure there are two attributes called "Name" and "value" (i.e.  <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" use="required">)

2. Just replace use="required" with use="optional"

3. Repeat the same for node <xs:complexType name="PTCWindchillIntegrationforMESType"> and save it.

That's it!

Thanks,

Rupesh.

Hi Rupesh,

I have applied your suggestions and modified our preferences to send License data last night.

License data was sent successfully but in our License Usage dashboard there is still the same message "Data not available".

Thanks

Marco
rchamatkar
5-Regular Member

Hi,

Good to hear that data has been sent successfully.

It generally takes 1 day to ingest data and reflect on UI. If you are still not able see it then please let me know the customer name or guid or scn whichever you feel comfortable to share here.

I will check quickly and get back to you.

Thanks,

Rupesh

Hi Rupesh,

I've waited one week, but in License Data gadget there is still the same message: "Data not available".

I'll send you requested data (SCN, GUID) via community private mail.

Thanks

Marco
Top Tags