cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

A few questions about Creo View ECAD defaults

dnordin
15-Moonstone

A few questions about Creo View ECAD defaults

I opened a ticket with PTC asking a few questions about Creo View ECAD, and I thought I'd ask them here as well.

Is it possible to have CV ECAD automatically use/assign different colors for each route layer? With Intercomm Expert, the system automatically assigned different colors to the routes on each layer. I know I can assign the colors individually per layer, but that is time consuming. CV ECAD assigns all the internal route layers the same color.

Is is possible to have CV ECAD display individually selected nets in the different layer colors of the routes instead of highlighting the whole net in green? With Intercomm Expert, the individual route sections of the whole net would display according to the color defined for that route's layer. For example, if a net had routes on 5 different layers, the net would display in 5 different colors. Currently, in CV ECAD, you have to mouse over each section of the highlighted net, and wait for the pop up to display the layer information for that particular section (route) of the net.

Is it possible to have CV ECAD "quick search" or "find" search all attribute values? CV ECAD has three search tools, Find, Search, and Quick Search. They all behave differently. Find only searches for object & attribute names, but not attribute values. For example, "find" cannot filter out all objects with an attribute "Package Name" with a value of "sot23*"; it can filter out all objects with an attribute called "Package Name". "Search" can be used for filtering values, but you have to define a search for each attribute value you want to find, otherwise "generic" searches take quite a bit longer and give no status indication of progress.

Regards,

Dan N.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags