cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Add conponents to flat harness

ptc-2194747
1-Newbie

Add conponents to flat harness

I have made some cable assemblies and produced the flat cable in the mfg model - my problem comes when I try and assemble the connector to the flat model. If, in the main assembly, I use cable components/attach to harn/add, I get the error "The component is not referencing any location." If in the mfg model I use flatten/components/assemble, I get "Connectors cannot be assembled. The setting of config option "default_ext_ref_scope" did not retain references for cable end locations." I have set "default_ext_ref_scope" to "all" but this has made no difference. Just to see if it was the way the original assembly was put together, I made a test on 1 part with 1 wire and ended up with the same result so I presume I am missing a step
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags