Sequence of Events:
1. Create a 3-D cable in PRO/CABLE.
2. Flatten that cable (create the .mfg file).
3. Go back to 3-D cable and add backshells (routing the cable through a Csys on the backshell, of course),then "Attach to Harness".
4. Reopen the .mfg file.
My backshells do not show up. I end up having to delete the old .mfg file and create a new .mfg. Then the backshells show up as expected.
1. Anybody else having the same problem with a .mfg file not reflecting the additionof backshells? (And thereby having to create a new .mfg.)
2. Is this behavior "as designed" or am I unaware of a step that needs to be taken in order to have the addedbackshells show up in the original .mfg file?
Thanks for the input!
This is a PTC feature designed to ensure you create the harness correctly the first time and learn to predict all possible design changes after the first flattening.
In case you need to attach a new component to already existing mfg you have to do the following:
1. Regenerate the mfg (this will create attach point for the new component)
2. Assemble it as usual connector (Components->Assemble or Assemble All)