cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Adding datatable after creating fiber artifacts and shapes

as-5
1-Newbie

Adding datatable after creating fiber artifacts and shapes

Dear Mr. Jim,

1. The Creo Schematics version I'm working in is 3.0 with datecode M020.

2. I've created block, fiber and port artifacts and shapes through catalog explorer in a design by manually adding the necessary parameters through New parameter in global parameters.

3. I've created a WID using the artifacts and properly defined the Model_Name parameters for the blocks and entry_ports for the ports.

4. I've exported the WID as an XML file and tried importing the same in Creo Parametric. The file was successfully imported. The blocks were designated properly. But when I tried creating spools I couldn't get the Create from Logical Design option in the Create Spool dialog box or menu in Creo Parametric.

5. I tried comparing the XML file in the Creo Community I found out that the Spool information was missing. I searched for the origin of this information and found that the CSV file in the data table has a parameter named $$objectsettype$$ which was having value of SPOOL!WIRE_SPOOL.

6. After finding out I've imported the example csv file through datatable explorer.

7. After importing I've applied the datatable to the fiber aftifact properties. I've applied a dataset to the fiber artifact through catalog explorer.

8. I've updated the artifact. I've created the new WID using the fiber with datatable.

9. I've exported the XML file and found that the SPOOL information was still missing.

10 Could you tell what could be the reason for that.

Regards,

Arunsundar

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags