cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Autorouting Cables with Creo Schematics

ptc-6765149
1-Newbie

Autorouting Cables with Creo Schematics

Hello everyone,

can someone explain me necessary information vor entry ports to automatically route wires from xml file?

I found these information are necessary for port, but i cant find "PINS" from schematics table only "num_of_pins". Is there another parameter for this?

ENTRY_PORT

yes or no

yes or no

GROUPING

string

round, flat, or wire

INTERNAL_LEN

real number

PINS

string

1, or 1,2, ..., or 1(A), 2(B), 3(C), ...

Hope you can understand my question, i appreciate any help here

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your wire in Schematics will terminate to a port. That port will have an entry_port property that will designate a csys on a cad model in Parametric. Many times, simple connectors like a D38999 is a circular connector and the detail for each contact on that connector is not shown. So every port in Schematics on that connector the entry_port value is the same, in my case, the value is entry_port as that is the name of my csys on my cad model. When the cad model is auto designated in Parametric, the csys will also be designated because of that entry_port property and value. Should you be routing to a more complex looking connector that shows each contact, then your entry_port property for each port in Schematics would have a unique value because in parametric, each csys must have a unique name. Typically I still name my csys entry_port but then I add a suffix that matches the name of the contact on the connector per the spec. entry_port_1, entry_port_2, etc. When each port has a unique entry_port, when you autoroute the wires, each wire will go to each csys. When you autoroute your wires and they all go to the same entry_port, then they are arranged as to how ever you have your grouping set, for me it is always set to round, so that all the wires will be centered around the csys.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Your wire in Schematics will terminate to a port. That port will have an entry_port property that will designate a csys on a cad model in Parametric. Many times, simple connectors like a D38999 is a circular connector and the detail for each contact on that connector is not shown. So every port in Schematics on that connector the entry_port value is the same, in my case, the value is entry_port as that is the name of my csys on my cad model. When the cad model is auto designated in Parametric, the csys will also be designated because of that entry_port property and value. Should you be routing to a more complex looking connector that shows each contact, then your entry_port property for each port in Schematics would have a unique value because in parametric, each csys must have a unique name. Typically I still name my csys entry_port but then I add a suffix that matches the name of the contact on the connector per the spec. entry_port_1, entry_port_2, etc. When each port has a unique entry_port, when you autoroute the wires, each wire will go to each csys. When you autoroute your wires and they all go to the same entry_port, then they are arranged as to how ever you have your grouping set, for me it is always set to round, so that all the wires will be centered around the csys.

Thank you for response! I am not able to test your suggestion until next week, but it sounds exactly like the information i was looking for I will report my experience after testing

Hello Philipp,

did Aron's reply answer your question?

Thanks,

Gunter

Thank you very much, that was exactly the information I was looking for

Top Tags