Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabling Harness

Cabling Harness

Trying to open a file and get an error message "Cabling harness cannot be retrieved in this mode" What does this mean and how can I get this file to open?
6 REPLIES 6

RE:"Cabling harness cannot be retrieved in this mode&qu

I think you are trying to open "CABLE.prt" in the harness subassembly. I belive you wont be able to open that part, but you can view that part in a separate window if you open ".mfg" (harness manufacturing)assembly. You can edit/modify cable.prt by activating cable part. (settings-->Tree filters---> Check Features) I hope this will help. Thanks, Senthil

No, I am opening a file with a name ls100XXX.prt and when I go to open it I receive the error message "Cabling harness cannot be retrieved in this mode" and then nothing loads into Pro-e

HI, The problem can be ..... 1. Pro/E might be in foundation license, which I think will not support opening the harness part 2. If the harness part has no connectors ( This can occur, if the cable is created in any assembly, by creating a harness part in it, with the connectors being in high level assembly ) 3. If the part you are trying to open might be a flattened harness. If this doent help, please let me know the problem with a screen shot, I might help you. Shekar.

Cabling Harness

hi I am new with Cabling and I am learning it now What's the best way to learn up this module? thanks

Re: Cabling Harness

Hi, You can learn from Pro/Engineer Help " Electrical Design" (Functional area) in Pro/Cabling, Pro/Diagram ,and Harness Manufacturing. Thanks, Senthil

"james ng" wrote:

hi I am new with Cabling and I am learning it now What's the best way to learn up this module? thanks

Re: RE:"Cabling harness cannot be retrieved in this mode&qu

Hi,

I downloaded a cable assembly from windchill to my work space & tried to open a cable part file( Cable_hrn1.prt) from an cable assembly, I'm getting the error as "Cabling harness cannot be opened in isolation. Please open the cabling assembly which contains this harness"

I tried opening from assembly file also, but i'm getting the same error. i attached the screenshot.

Do i need cable Harness licence to open this file ?

can anyone help ??? 

Announcements