cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Cabling Parametric Example?

Fenderplayer
6-Contributor

Cabling Parametric Example?

I used Pro-Cabling/Pro-Diagram for many years (10-12) with both Wildfire and the initial releases of CREO.  I am with a new company and trying to sell them on parametric harnessing (for many years they have used line entity drawings in Autocad and manually filled tables).  

I have been running a trial of Schematics/Cabling and have eaten up much of the trial simply getting things functional.  I have zero references to use to prove this out, as my previous employers files were proprietary.   

I have my connectors placed and bundles routed and split as necessary (pic below), but the out of box library is missing so many spools I cannot make the proper schematic. The schematic I want to do would be pretty basic.  I have placed my connectors using the connector groups but cannot find any reference for 2 node splices and cannot figure out how to change connector node from numeric to alpha (for 23 pin Deutsch HD).    If I had something to go from, I am confident I could stumble through it, but I'm a bit overwhelmed with the changes to the Cabling and schematic modules made since I used it about 5 years ago.

I've done some digging here and really am not finding much (surprisingly) and what I am finding, the uploaded files have expired and are not acquirable.  Does someone have a schematic, model, flattened mfg file, and parametric drawing with connector tables/BOM/CDT/etcetera that they can share? or can someone point me to where to find this?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

harness.png

30 REPLIES 30
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:Fenderplayer)

Have you created a splice that it can use? It would be in the Catalog Explorer under blocks. They need three ports defined, even though there are really only 2. Two of them are the same port. Our splice looks like this
[cid:image001.png@01D5F15E.92EA0DD0]
The grid points are on 0.1" spacing. The center port is really the one on the left. It is used whenever Schematics places the splice, with the new wire perpendicular to the other wires. It is off center so that the designer knows which end of the splice it will be on when it is sent to Creo Parametric.
Top Tags