cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Cabling improvements from Wildfire4 to Creo2.

ptc-6307143
1-Newbie

Cabling improvements from Wildfire4 to Creo2.

First time posting. We are working with clients going from Wildfire4 to CREO2 and want to understand advancements in cabling or wire harness capabilities. I would appreciate any links, documents, update presentations or opinions.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Terence

The change to cabling is quite significant. Did you want to have a telephone conversation to discuss?

If so the PM me,

Hi Terence,

Basically throw away almost everything you knew about cabling back in the "Dark Ages" (pre-Wildfire 5.0 / aka Creo Elements Pro/ 5.0).

The cabling package has changed significantly but mostly in the procedures used to route. The basics of spools, connectors, wires/cables, pins, and entry ports are all the same. It's the interface and the procedures used to actually route that have greatly changed.

If you route manually, the new cabling module is much easier to work with. You have a host of new options, features, and tools which make the tedious task of routing individual wires and cables almost fun. The interface will confuse you a bit at first, though.

If you route automatically (or semi-automatically), there are a number of welcome diagnostic tools to help you troubleshoot networks. But overall, the processes and procedures for autorouting are very similar to what you'd be used to in Wildfire 4.

If you'd like, I can add you to a Dropbox account I've set up for people who want to access all of the presentations, videos, and demonstration files created over the years to help train people on Creo cabling. There are several videos demonstrating manual and automatic routing procedures. At the very least, they'd give you a good overview of the new features and capabilities offered by the latest cabling enhancements.

Best regards,

-Brian

Brian,

Could I be added to that Dropbox account?

Regards,

John

Hi John...

Certainly! Please send me an email at my "work account" with the email address I should add. When you send emails through PTC Community, I do not get a valid email account. I get something like "John Frankovich(-)" which obviously doesn't go anywhere.

Once I have your email address, I'll add you to the DropBox account!

Thanks!

-Brian

PS: Work email is -

Hello Brian,

Thank you for the reply and please send along your drop box information to share information. Very appreciated.

terence smith

Hi Terence...

Same as John above... please send me an email at my "work account" with the email address below. I'll add you to the Dropbox right away.

-

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags