cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can I change the seq_num of a sheet in Creo Schematics?

AC1
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Can I change the seq_num of a sheet in Creo Schematics?

I am using the dg_get_sheet_info(seq_num) and dg_get_sheet_info(num_sheets) functions in a label to show the number of the current sheet and the total number of sheets (ex: 2 of 6). The seq_num property is not one of the properties I have access to in the Sheet Properties window. It seems to be automatically assigned based on the creation order of sheets and modified when sheets are deleted.

Is there any way to modify the seq_num of a sheet directly to shift a given sheet up or down in the sequence? (ex: make a given sheet 3 of 6 where it was 2 of 6 before?). Simply renaming the sheet to the desired number is not working, nor is changing the sheet order in the design explorer.

Thanks,

AC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeilM
8-Gravel
(To:AC1)

You can reorder the sequence of the sheets through the Location Set Explorer (Row and Columns dropdown on the Design tab). If you select the Location Set you are using and then reorder the sheets to what you want the sequence number will be correct.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

That is the same way it works interactively, so I would guess they have some code that prevents you from doing it.

You cannot increase a number without adding a sheet prior to the sheet you want to change. You can do this through toolkit and interactively.

AC1
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

Thanks four your quick reply.

How do I add another sheet before an existing sheet? You said I can do it interactively, but every time I add a new sheet, it is automatically set as the last sheet in the sequence. (6 of 6 for example). Even if I select a sheet tab, right click, and click 'new sheet', the new sheet is automatically placed at the end of the sequence instead of next to the sheet of the selected tab as I would like.

Thanks again for your help,

AC

NeilM
8-Gravel

You can reorder the sequence of the sheets through the Location Set Explorer (Row and Columns dropdown on the Design tab). If you select the Location Set you are using and then reorder the sheets to what you want the sequence number will be correct.

AC1
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:NeilM)

Thank you NeilM; this is exactly what I needed!

Top Tags