cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Cannot auto-route cable in Creo Cabling

agenecov
2-Guest

Cannot auto-route cable in Creo Cabling

I am trying out a simple test part to show that I can auto-route a cable between two connectors by importing an .nwf file. I am able to auto-designate the connectors, but I cannot seem to get the entry port to work correctly. I have indicated in the .nwf file that each pin should go to the "ENTRY" coordinate system, but when I create this coordinate system in the connector model, the auto-designator tool does not seem to locate it. When I try to auto-route cable C1, the connectors do not auto-populate.

Any assistance would be appreciated! The .nwf file is attached as a txt file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It looks like I managed to resolve the problem. There appears to be some sort of bug in Creo where it will not auto-route route the individual conductors of a cable unless that conductor is given an explicit "NAME" parameter. The NAME parameter must be defined when the conductor is instantiated in the wire list file; it is not enough to give the conductor a name in the spool definition.

See example nwf file (as txt) attached.

Note that the cable jacket will not auto-route to/from the connector without setting the configuration option "cable_jacket_termination" to "ports"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

It looks like I managed to resolve the problem. There appears to be some sort of bug in Creo where it will not auto-route route the individual conductors of a cable unless that conductor is given an explicit "NAME" parameter. The NAME parameter must be defined when the conductor is instantiated in the wire list file; it is not enough to give the conductor a name in the spool definition.

See example nwf file (as txt) attached.

Note that the cable jacket will not auto-route to/from the connector without setting the configuration option "cable_jacket_termination" to "ports"

Top Tags