cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing references of points

Highlighted
Contributor

Changing references of points

I created a pipe.  The points used to route were referencing another assembly and using existing axis and other components like going from a tee to an elbow for a plumbing type circuit.  In the past, once the pipe was created, I was able to change the refernces of the points from axis, features, and planes to the ditances from the coordinate system by using X,Y, and Z values.  In Creo 4.0, I am not able to do this any more.  Can I change the references like a point created on an axis and a suface of a tee branch and remove those refs and replace them with coordinate system values found from the Summary under the Analysis Tab?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Changing references of points

Maybe I should reword this.  I am running copper tubing for an HVAC system.  I create my tubing assembly and then add it to main assembly, then I activate it the tube assembly.  I create points on axis and surfaces, axis intersections, axis intersecting planes, etc.  I then open up the assembly which now only has the points and references used.  In order to keep the tubing a stand alone apart and not attached to a feature in the main assembly I need to what we call Break the Relationships and make them dependent only on the coordinate system.  In Creo 2.0 and Wildfire 4 and 5.0 I had no problem doing this.  Now in Creo 4.0 it seems that I cannot remove the external references and replace with the assemblies coordinate system.  Does anyone know why or how I can remove references from axis and surfaces and change them to the coordinate system of the piping assembly?  I have done it for years but now I can no longer do it.  I just think I am missing a step.