cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Changing references of points

Scott67
8-Gravel

Changing references of points

I created a pipe.  The points used to route were referencing another assembly and using existing axis and other components like going from a tee to an elbow for a plumbing type circuit.  In the past, once the pipe was created, I was able to change the refernces of the points from axis, features, and planes to the ditances from the coordinate system by using X,Y, and Z values.  In Creo 4.0, I am not able to do this any more.  Can I change the references like a point created on an axis and a suface of a tee branch and remove those refs and replace them with coordinate system values found from the Summary under the Analysis Tab?

3 REPLIES 3

Maybe I should reword this.  I am running copper tubing for an HVAC system.  I create my tubing assembly and then add it to main assembly, then I activate it the tube assembly.  I create points on axis and surfaces, axis intersections, axis intersecting planes, etc.  I then open up the assembly which now only has the points and references used.  In order to keep the tubing a stand alone apart and not attached to a feature in the main assembly I need to what we call Break the Relationships and make them dependent only on the coordinate system.  In Creo 2.0 and Wildfire 4 and 5.0 I had no problem doing this.  Now in Creo 4.0 it seems that I cannot remove the external references and replace with the assemblies coordinate system.  Does anyone know why or how I can remove references from axis and surfaces and change them to the coordinate system of the piping assembly?  I have done it for years but now I can no longer do it.  I just think I am missing a step.

cwilkes
7-Bedrock
(To:Scott67)

Does it make any difference if you activate/deactivate piping mode? For whatever reason, you can only do some things when the piping tab is showing and some things you can only do when it isn't.

it comes to changing points, at least in the Wildfire Versions, you usually did it outside of the piping application.  The used to be two types of coordinates systems in the model and you would measure from point to UCS.  Then you would go to edit, erase existing relationships, and then enter the new X,Y,and Z.  Now I have to measure existing points, record them, and then enter new points using the create points using coord. system and then edit the points used in the routing.  It seems like the long way but it works.  I am not sure why you just cannot go to a point, click edit, erase linked axis, planes, surfaces, etc., and then re-enter the points relations to the UCS XYZ values.

Top Tags