cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Connector name letter case

amedina
1-Newbie

Connector name letter case

A fellow cabling engineer here is trying to add a lower case "i" to a
component name in pro/Diagram. It seems to always default to upper case.
Is this some sort of standard that its following by default? can it be
changed?

thanks.

Alfonso

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Alfonso...

I am not very well versed in Pro/DIAGRAM so this suggestion may be completely useless. I know there's a trick that the Pro/E Neutral Wire Files use to specify lowercase pin names. If you enter lowercase letters, the system usually just maps them to uppercase. I haven't used this trick in awhile so hopefully I'm recalling it properly. If you precede the pin names with a backtick (`) I believe the system stops the "automatic uppercase". I'm pretty sure it's the backtick symbol... but if I'm wrong then it's the single quote symbol instead ('). I know this works in the NWF file for pins. Whether or not it will work in Pro/DIAGRAM for a connector name is completely unknown.

I'm just tossing it out there as a W.A.G. on the off chance it can offer any help. Try preceding the connector name in DIAGRAM with a backtick and see if you can override the automatic uppercase conversion. Good luck- wish I knew more to help you.

Thanks!
-Brian

Brian K. Martin
Sr. Mechanical/Application Engineer
SGT, Inc. under contract to
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

301.286.0059 (NASA Office)
443.421.2532 (Cell)
-

In Creo or RSD the following will place a lower case ALPHA character, #trunc#. I hope this helps.

John

John Gottfredson

Drafter, Electrical Engineering

GENERAL ATOMICS

14200 KIRKHAM WAY

POWAY, CA 92064

O: 858-312-2190

C: 858-729-3314

Top Tags