cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Copy CAble with associate files.

rnoah
8-Gravel

Copy CAble with associate files.

All,

i have created a cable, going through the entire process, with all relevant files ( cable asm, skeleton, harness part, mfg , flt, drw ).

Now i would like to have a copy of the cable ( with all associated files ).

i'm having the following issues:

1. when trying to use PDMLink for doing so there are many issues with references ( as i facilitated "Copy geom" extensively ).

2. when trying to use regular Creo functionality to achieve the same i have issue with using " Save as" for that. the main issue is that i can't "reuse" the harness part twice ( when ising "use new name " ).

does any of you familiar with this issue ? how do you over come it ?

i remember to have a specific "walk through" detailed documentation for doing so, however, i can't find it.

Many thanks in advance,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
jstone
4-Participant
(To:rnoah)

When I copy (duplicate) a harness I am also duplicating the top assembly that my copy geom is from as well.  I will do a "save as" in PDMLink and take all the assemblies, mfg flats, details, and skeletons.  If I have to do the harness on it's own, which has happened a couple of times, I delete the skeletons.  My harnessing is run on sketched curves and any component attached to the harness can be reconstrained (the freeze comonent config options are set to yes).

Also, my start harness assembly and the start assembly files have a common csys.  I can always recreate a new skeleton if needed or attach the harness into a similar assembly.

This is what has worked for me.

Thanks,

jef

gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello Rami,

have you tried with Jeff's suggestion? Has it worked for you?

Please take the tim to mark his post as Correct Answer, if it helped you solving the issue - this marks the thread as answered for the community.

Thanks,

Gunter

rnoah
8-Gravel

o.k so the answer split into two:

1. in pdmlink - you simple do a "save as" in WS. however, the trick is to use first the new "Collapse" feature on the skeleton features and only then to try the save as.

2. in Creo - the trick is to open all related files to session ( harness asm / harness part / dwg / mgf & flat file ) then perform a RENAME to the harness part first and then to use "Save As".

Enjoy,

Top Tags