cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Create Connector, create own wire and cable

vh789
4-Participant

Create Connector, create own wire and cable

Hello,

I am very new to Creo Schematics and the Creo 4.0 Harness tool.

Although I have completed the basic tutorial, I still have several problems, I hope you can help me with:

1. I have trouble with my connectors in Creo Parametric. I know that I have to create a coordinate system an make the y-axis point towards the cable, so that is is considered as a pin. I still get the error, that there are missing information for the cables. Is there anything I forgot?

2. I do not manage to create my own cable and wire datasheets. I know that I need a .csv file, but I failed to create it correctly and to import it into schematics.

I hope you can help me or tell me where I can get help

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Actually, the Z axis needs to point in the direction of routing. What is the error that you get about missing information? Is it from trying to route using XML data from Creo Schematics or manual routing?

Here's a video I made about setting up connectors for routing:

https://youtu.be/YBfboDDoq74

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
This Creo Parametric tutorial video shows how to create and setup a part model as a connector for cable harness design, and it shows a lot of useful part modeling techniques: Importing STEP files. Datum Features (Axes and Coordinate Systems). Sketcher Datums. Point Patterns and Reference Patterns
vh789
4-Participant
(To:DaveMartin)

Hello,

thank you for the response and the great video. I actually managed to create a connector and auto route wires to it with XML data.

Unfortuanately  I still do not know how to splice wires and create own cables. Do you  also know how this is made (in Schematics)?

Top Tags