cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creating Flattening Harness

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Creating Flattening Harness

All,

From what I have seen in videos, you need only create a mfg harness file and flatten with a start point and use auto to flatten entire harness. When I do this it does what looks like one wire only flattens. Maybe because mine is not schematically driven? Something else? Config settings? Help. If anyone has decent documentation on the complete process that would be great. Thanks,

Wayne

2 REPLIES 2

Auto flattening generally works well when you don't have any loops. If you have any of those, you may need a mix of auto and manual while closing some loops.

Being schematically driven has no effect on being able to flatten. Neither do configuration options.

If only one wire is flattening, then your cables are probably not sharing / using the same location points. How did you route the harness?

For training materials, have you checked Learning Exchange or Learning Connector?

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:DaveMartin)

Hey Dave,

I have looked at tutorials. But need to revisit manufacturing harness to make flat and place on drawing.

Someone told me that the connectors had to be designated. Is this true? I did not. I just made a simple 2 wire assembly as a test. Just 2 connectors. I created wire one from port to port and added some location. I then added wire 2 from 2nd port to 2nd port and used "follow cable". No loops.

I then created a manufacturing harness. I flattened it. Worked. But no connectors. I found what looks like a connector add option. But it was greyed out. basically I need to go revisit tutorial.

I take it your a good resource for asking questions? It's one thing to do the tutorials...another to get someone's feedback from working with it.

Thanks so much,

Wayne

Top Tags