cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 2.0- 5 day download speed/faliure

sjenkins
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0- 5 day download speed/faliure

I tried downloading Creo 2.0 using the Download Manager and successfully started the download, but is was downloading at a rate of 66.2 Kbs per second. I did the math and found that at that rate, the download wouldn't be done for a little over 5 days. I know it not a problem with my router. I tested it and my connection speed is running at 200 Mb down 10 Mb up. I then ran a speed test to Massachusetts around where PTC headquarters is located and got an adjusted 15 down/up routing speed.

In addition to that, yesterday on the 4th when the routing was fine, each and every time it would nearly complete the download I would get an error message stating that my download was interrupted before saying that it couldn't download completely.

Anybody know what's wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

do you know that Download Manager button works properly only in case that:

• you use Firefox browser
  • you installed Java JRE

Note: The problem of incomplete download can be related to Antivirus software, which probably starts checking 4GB zip file and because of long time to finish its check, download crashes (timeout expires).

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:sjenkins)

How fast does it go without the download manager?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

I download the files from the site and keep an archive of all releases.

I have not had any issues with this save 1, which may or may not be related:

When I have 2 sessions of PTC downloads going (help and Creo), everything else on my router is booted form the internet.

It has been doing this since forever in my little home network.

The downloads take about an hour on a wired connection through the router.

That throughput has gone up in recent sessions without intervention on my part.

The only way I can download the software is with the download manager, and both cable network and wireless got me the same results.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

sterling jenkins wrote:

The only way I can download the software is with the download manager,

But you can't though? Why do you have to use the download manager? You have the HTTPS option on the screen on the download page? Try a different browser?

You can also order the discs.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Do you know anyone else who has successfully downloaded? Possibly you could get a copy from then and install from there. You'll still be using your license so there is no problems there.

You might consider ordering the disk.  It is free with maintenance.  I normally get them within 3 days through DHL.

Not going to do that. This is for a school team I'm on and we can't really afford to be paying for stuff like that. Thank you all for the input though! I got it working now.

Hi Sterling,

Thank you for using PTC Community!

In case you are unaware, here are 3 resources for you:

1. PTC Academic Program
  2. FIRST
  3. Academic Support

I hope these are helpful.

Best,

Toby

10 - 4 and thanks again!

Hi,

do you know that Download Manager button works properly only in case that:

• you use Firefox browser
  • you installed Java JRE

Note: The problem of incomplete download can be related to Antivirus software, which probably starts checking 4GB zip file and because of long time to finish its check, download crashes (timeout expires).

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags