cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Schematics Routing problem

glászló
4-Participant

Creo Schematics Routing problem

Hi everyone!

I've just started to use PTC Creo Schematics 3.0, and I have a problem with routing fibers. I'd like to place wires simply, without the catalog selector dialog box opened every time. So if I would push the route fibers button, it would place the same (for example: sample wire) every time, and I would define the specifications for them later from the database. I saw a tutorial video, where the place fiber button was blue by origin, and the designer placed wires like I described. In my case the button is black/grey and the catalog selector opens every time I push it. What kind of settings do I have to do to route wires without the selector dialog?

Best regards from Hungary!

Lac

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lac

If you have lots of fibers in your catalog and you want a button for each fiber than you can record a trail, create a custom command and add the custom command to your Ribbon

the video will demonstrate all the picks,

i hope that helps, Jim

Video Link : 6146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Lac

If you have lots of fibers in your catalog and you want a button for each fiber than you can record a trail, create a custom command and add the custom command to your Ribbon

the video will demonstrate all the picks,

i hope that helps, Jim

Video Link : 6146

Hi Jim!

I can see the video now, yesterday I tried to watch tutorial videos on learning exchange, and I realized I didn't have the proper flash player installed. 

So, this trail recording could really solve my problem, like shown on the video, but I have to ask about the "blued" route fiber button.
I saw this blue button, in the previous version if schematics (2.0) as I realized, the video I watched was made with the 2.0 version. Is it possible to manage this blue button in schematics 3.0? 

Thank's!

Top Tags