cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing problem!

DELETEME
1-Newbie

Drawing problem!

Ok, management has just given us this totally unrealistic deadline (as usual): they want 30 e-size sheets done in less than 3 days! Now, if we could get half a dozen or more guys working on the same drawing at once, we might have a shot at it. I remember Intralink had a way to (I want to call it "reconcile") a model when 2 people had modified at the same time without locking it. Is there any way to do that with a drawing? I was thinking about doing the first 10 sheets, having the next guy do sheets 11-20, etc. Any ideas? We're on WF3, M210, and (I think?) PDMLink. Thanks.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You can start by working on separate drawing files and eventually merge them into one drawing file. Merging drawing B onto drawing A (for example) will automatically add all B's sheets as additional sheets in A, and so on. That way you can have multiple users working concurrently on different "sheets" and then compile every thing into one big file. In the past, it used to be a "merge" function in the drawing. But now in recent Wildfire versions, use the Insert menu (insert: shared data: from file)

Thanks to all for the input. I did a quick successful test, so that's the method we'll be using. Funny that in almost 13 years of using Pro/E I've never had the need to do this. I remembered something about being able to do something like that, but wasn't sure and the interface has changed so drastically since I took the training. I quess you learn something new every day!

That's why these forums are useful. That's correct; one learns as one lives! Good luck with your project.
Top Tags