cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ECAD BOM

jlambertz
1-Newbie

ECAD BOM

It is great to see a few more post to the ECAD WGM. Just reading through I picked up a couple good points. We are currently setup with 10.1 M40. While on 10.1 M20 I was able to generate a BOM from my ECAD design (PADS 9.4.1 DXD schematic design). We moved to the M40 test environment and I have not been able to sense. I have submitted a PTC ticket over a month ago. I have been told by tech support that they can't duplicate my problem. The case has been through a couple different tech and notes passed back and forth to R/D. We have been using the Mentor sample project, Eval_Done.

I have been able to generate a design CSV file as I find it in workspace. Have created a BOM definition from sample in Workspace. Using same BOM definition atttributes as before. It says there was a successfull upload. Have tried just a strait import of the *.csv. No luck. The view of the *.csv file when generating the BOM shows okay. I can manually build the Parent Assembly WT part, and PCB WT part and created owner and contributing image assocation. No BOM. I have tried the Auto Associate on Check which doesn't work either becase doning manually doesn't work either.

I have a sense this is some kind of configuration setting that we have set wrong. Sorry, we weren't smart enough to save the M20 preferrences stuff before setting up M40 on our test system. If there would be anyone out there that might have M40 setup and could see if they have trouble too. Again we have been using the sample project Eval_done that comes with the OTB PADS install.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Jim,

Since you have successfully done this with M020, I'm sure you have jumped through all the hoops correctly. Unfortunately I won't have access to an M040 system for a couple of weeks; when I do, I'll back fill any info I can find on this.

In the meantime, have you enabled the client side debugging? There are a couple of logs that get dumped by the WGM that are VERY detailed that might be of use. I found that just searching for the word "error", after logging was enabled, has put me very close to a couple of issues that I was able to resolve in the past.

Instructions to do this (config file setup, and a couple of env vars) are in the M040 WGM User guide, Pg. 158.

More info as I find it.

Regards,

Scott Claes
CEO CLAESdotBIZ

Bringing ECAD to PLM

| m: 248-739-2596 | e: scott@claes.biz | w: www.claes.biz

Scott,

Thanks for help. We have been through all of the Logging a couple times, passing to tech support. If you do get to where you have M40 I would still appreciate finding out if you have this same trouble. The way this is going we might end up trying on 10.2.

Anyone else out there with M40 and PADS DxD?

Jim

Jim -

Very interesting. I'm supporting a DxD/Expedition environment with WWGM in 10.1 M040 - but we're using the schematic to drive the Product Structure BOM, and have been able to generate a BOM from DxDesigner (Update 9 - EE7.9.4). So - in regards to the BOM - my environment should match yours. The default WWGM extraction works for me - as well as manual .CSV import.

Can you share other details of what you're seeing - and not seeing?

Could you share a sample .CSV that I could try testing?

Phil

Phil,

First time attaching stuff here. Below is a shot of the BOM manager. I just grabbed an existing run through of a schematic design. Please disregard that it doesn't have a Board part number. I don't see how to upload a sample file. My email is jlamber@daktronics.com if you could send a note I can return the design.csv file to try if you would. The sample is Eval_done which is in the PADS samples. I really do appreciate giving this a try. I know this is going to be something we have set wrong....

BOM+Manager.jpg

Top Tags