cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Ecad....

ptc-3452758
1-Newbie

Ecad....

What are users using in the field to do circuit board design. We are currently using PADs by mentor graphics. I want to know what program works best with pro/e and windchill.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

We currently use PADS with WF4 quite sucessfully. We swap data between the two systems in both directions.

My only complaint is that Silk Screen and copper layers don't import into Pro/E (Sorry I refuse to call it Creo Elements Pro..... daft name !! ).

It would be very useful to have both those layers as it will help with board orientation and we could use the copper in our CFD analysis.

We have no experience of Windchill at all.

Have you done any testing with WF5 yet? We seem to have found an issue. You can no longer import pin holes.

Not yet , we use a CFD program and I can't upgrade until its compatible with WF5.

That seems like a major problem , what have Mentor said about it ?

By default configuration option ecad_pin_hole_import is set to no Have you set this config option to yes?

There is also a new import filter which will allow you to control the type of holes to import and the size of them e.g. only import holes if the have diameter larger than x and are of type y

Top Tags