cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

Click on dowel pin (white circle), right click and select edit command. And then search for dimension. Hint: Look for white arrow. Also, although selected EDIT command filer (red arrow) is still set to ALL (instead of DIMENSION).

Highlighted

Fix the parameter window. Why do I have to reposition it every time? And resize columns?

Return showing the model name in status bar when hoover over the model.

Highlighted

Hi Danilo,

It is possible to save a parameters configuration file to some degree

In you config (one of them) use something like

parameter_dialog_setup_file Z:\config_files\wildfire5\rp_config.xml

and that xml file is generated from the parameters dialogue box itself; set it up at the size and columns you want then save this into the location you want and call it up with that config something like that I have shown.

Not the whole story but helps.

Regards, Brent

Highlighted

Oh yeah,

I just realised that it resets the parameter box size default BUT does not fix the column widths. Why oh why does PTC have such issues with column widths (example the perenial first column width in the model tree when all other column widths in that same tree can be set)

As usual the promises of increased productivity overlook the extremely low hanging fruit.

Deep sigh.

Brent

Highlighted

Brent,

Thank you for the hint, but, as you said, it does not fix the most annoying thing: resizing columns. Who knows, maybe in Creo 250 it will be solved.

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

"24. when creating symmetric constrain in sketcher,why there is need for center line,it should be select this and this and it's symmetric,same problem for mirror in sketcher.why do we need center line,and that center line won't even be datum,one that's used for mirror and symmetry. :Sigh: This is one of my pet peeves. I agree with you. Back in Wildfire 2.0, you could sketch symmetry WITHOUT the centerline. In Wildfire 3, they made the centerline for symmetry mandatory. I tried to bring this up in January at the TC meetings but got shot down by other members who did not remember the way it worked in Wildfire 2. This was frustrating. I'll try again to get support for this one."

I do not think that is possible in wildfire 2.0 also.

Highlighted

Hi Danilo,

In general this is a very good list of concerns. Many of them I am very familiar with

Brent

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Possibly just adding to some points already mentioned, but I'd like to add some more specifics to window order management.

1. The table editor (as in Pattern Table) is very prone to disappearing behind the model window, even though the editor is the active window. I'm very glad that I know about Alt+Esc to get it back - most users don't.

2. I've had a quick go at reproducing this one, and failed - but I'm sure that I frequently see it. Basically, if I have multiple Pro/E windows open and I click on a non-Pro/E window (we run dual monitors, so I usually have something else on the secondary one which I consult frequently) one of the non-active Pro/E windows sometimes jumps to the top of the pile, thus hiding the one I was actually working with.

We're on WF4 so it's possible this is out of date... but I'd be a little surprised.

Also, here's an new request: make the licensing work on a per-user or per-computer basis, not on a per-instance. There are a number of good reasons to run multiple sessions, not least different project configs; importing large STEP files on a 'spare' CPU core; and simple stability (if one session crashes it wouldn't take the rest down with it). I did post about this some while ago (http://communities.ptc.com/message/175270#175270) and seem to recall I discussed it on the phone with someone representing PTC, but I've heard nothing further.

I'm afraid I'm out for a week after this evening UK time, so won't be able to hold any further discussion unless it's today - but hopefully this is something that others will recognise too.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Licensing should be per PC not per instance. I strongly agree with this. Sometimes, I have to wait for command to finish before I can do something else. And it takes minutes, not seconds. This way, while I am waiting, I can do something else. Right now, as I am writing this, I am waiting for one big step file to get opened in Creo.

Also, since it is common to use two monitors, I wonder why this "activate" button exists. Model should be activated as soon as it gets in focus of the mouse. This is what I was talking when I said that Creo should start working more Windows way, not Unix.

If ribbon improvement is open in this discussion:

Allow the ability to update all applicable ribbons with a new command.

Since the ribbons are all custom for each filetype, you should be able to apply a newly defined ribbon to drawings, assemblies, parts, sheet metal... etc. without having to do this separately. Then you should be able to choose a "mode", or which menu type you want to edit.

In other words, editing the ribbon should be disconnected from the current session and make it a stand-alone app that can be accessed anytime with the current session as the focus.

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.