Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

Fill Surface

It is very limited only being able to do this feature on a planar sketch. There was a fierce discussion on this topic many years ago vs Solidworks Fill Surface command http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-modeling/16582-simple-surfacing-problem.html

The outcome surprised many of the long time users and this I believe is an excellent benchmark feature that hopefully could be introduced in Creo SURFACE. I do not use ISDX so the request is for the surface module in Foundation or what it's called nowadays.

See page 3 for the actual comparison and images of the SW Fill Surface command.

yes the "surface" option in ISDX works like fill option in solidworks.you can just select the curves and it would fill it with a surface.

Highlighted

Aaah....too bad...then they won't include it in the std Surface package...

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

My request is related to large assembly performance in Creo Parametric and View while connected to Windchill.

Short Term - The Windchill publisher needs added capability to publish simplified reps where substitute rule was used. In Creo View, the output of Simplified Reps from the publisher are called Viewables.

Long Term - Improved Integration of the "Viewables" into the lightweight graphics rep in Parametric. Imagine being able to load a Viewable in Parametric that loads only PVZ/.ol files into session.

Note: CV2 M040 build has intelligence to only load into session what is associated with the Viewable. Basically, what WF2 did with Intralink which gave simplified reps intelligence to call for required objects from server without making the user add required dependents prior to opening assembly. Example: I have a simplified rep in a million object assembly published as a Viewable that loads in Creo View in 20 seconds to show all a-surfaces of vehicle. Same Simplified rep opens in 24 minutes in WF5.

I am a member in the visualization committee so hope to see you in California!

Highlighted

Bill,

The long term would definitely be a HUGE improvement in my opinion. In fact, that was what I was imagining when they launched Creo and it seemed that they would use technology from their present range and also solve the long term fundamental problems such as large assembly management.

So far the LW Thumbnail technology has been a disappointment.

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately I am not going this year

I have four suggestions that I made back in 2010 for WF5 and I have updated for Creo 2.0

These are Powerpoint slides made into PDFs which I hope to upload here (fingers crossed)

Brent

Highlighted

OK so seems I have to do them as images.

Extrude Enhancement #1

Open and Closed sections in External and Internal Sketches for Extrude

Brent

Highlighted

Extrude Enhancement #2

Highlighted

Tree Enhancement

Highlighted

And finally (for now)

RMB/Menu Enhancement

Happy commenting

Brent

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.