cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

I have found that going into the system colors in Creo2 and selecting 'black on white' as the scheme helps a lot. you then get the light and clean white background look which is attractive in the default Creo scheme, but the entity highlights and selection colors are bold rather than the pastel blues and greens of the default. Works quite well.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Highlighted

Exactly and why not add icons on the left side of the command. Some icons can be hard to understand but e.g Delete and Pattern icons are very easy to distinguish.

Maybe something similar to this...from RMB in Creo View. Grouped with icons and also info about key shortcuts.

RMB+Creo+View.jpg

Hi everyone...

I haven't forgotten about you. I'm trying to clear out a backlog of work that has kept me very busy over the past couple of weeks. I'll get back to responding to each of your requests, adding them to the master list, and preparing for the face-to-face Technical Committee meetings within the next few days.

Thanks for your patience!

-Brian

Highlighted

a lot of good things mentioned.

one that isn't technical by any means is the amount of white the Creo interface has! It's blinding with no way to control it. I have a coworker that is light sensitive and he started getting headaches when we moved to Creo.

please help our eyes!

Highlighted

i totally agree on this. never understood why they fiddle with background color and interface sooooooooo much!

Highlighted

Hi Radovan...

What tool were you showing in that video. We need that thing like... NOW!

I've never seen that before. The welding module is really pretty dated and bad. Whatever you showed was pretty amazing.

Thanks!

-Brian

Highlighted

It is only group of the fetures in Creo Parametric.

weld.png

The inspiration was SmartWeld from Sigmaxim

http://www.sigmaxim.com/Products/SmartWeld-3D/smartweld-3d.html

Software consultant for PTC products.
Highlighted

hi brian.

I think that a wiil be excelent that a future creo version have a library of flanges (ansi)....accesories as elbow, valves, tees,,,etc....in HDPE, steel and PVC...above all for mechanical designer/industrial designer than me ...

Too creo-piping have default configurated this options already been mentioned to route piping.

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Some low hanging fruits:

-- Config option save_display and opening a drawing

The option save_display yes makes Creo Parametric save an image of the drawing which is used when you open your drawing write protected. So far so good.

When you open the drawing in standard way the image is shown and you must not forget to update all views to show the current state of the model. Regenerating will not help.

If Creo is working to spec here this spec is dangerous and dead wrong !

Imagine you model a cube with all vertices rounded and create a drawing, save it under the option save_display yes. Dimensioning radii you do by a note 'all undimensioned rounds 3mm'.

A few days later you decide to remove some of the rounds in model, you dont touch the drawing. Another few days later someone else prints your drawing and gives it to manufacturing. The drawing looks correct but will show the old state of the model and you get scrap parts with all vertices rounded.

There is no flashing warnig to prevent this.

It must be the users choice how he wants to open the drawing

- standard with regeneration (maybe tedious with large drawings)

- fastopen using previously saved images

and this must be part of the opening dialog.

-- Highlighting Items in Help Tree

The current help item should be highlighted in the help tree. This would be especially useful when you search for a theme and want to get information of adjacent topics.

Reinhard

Highlighted

Yuck Rohit...

You're right... it's bad. I tried every trick I know and it's just ugly. On a Wrap, the properties tab on the Sketch Setup window is just gone. I even tried a Warp (not a wrap but a warp) and a cross-hatched curve bends... and leaves the cross hatches floating out in space. The boundaries bend and the hatch lines stay straight. Amazing.

Just for the record, here's what I tried:

• Boundary Blends from wrapped curves (used these to make surfaces and color them)
  • Reference Datums (Intent Curves, Intent Surfaces)
  • Cosmetic Sketches with/without hatching
  • Regular sketches with/without hatching
  • Decals/textures wrapped around the cylinder
  • In drawing mode, I tried all manner of selecting edges, curves, surfaces, etc to choose the volumes to hatch. The only way to hatch these volumes was to manually pick them using the Use Edge command. This was very painful and very cumbersome when you have numerous hatch areas.

I concur Rohit... this needs to be addressed.

One thing- I complained about the lack of a loop/chain feature for hatching in drawing mode. I believe this is addressed in Creo 3. I know I complained about it but I think I recall seeing a demonstration showing that this has been fixed. I may be confusing this with the ability to choose hatch areas in the symbol editor which was a huge pet peeve of mine for years. I know that has been fixed... maybe I am confusing it with the loop/chain feature in regular drawing mode.

Either way... good suggestions. There's no reason hatches can't be provided. I mean... it just seems like an oversight but I'm sure there was some reason it wasn't done previously.

Thanks!

-Brian

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.