cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

• Allow internal sections to become visible for subsequent features such as offsets or references in newer sketches and sections.

• Show feature created axes as features in the model tree as axis feature type. This aids in layer assignment selection. Often, these need to be hidden separately from "primary" datum axes. This is particularly true if you have show_axes_for_extr_arcs yes turned on by default.

• Allow deletion of axes created by show_axes_for_extr_arcs yes when the user decides they are not neccesary.

• Allow toggling of arc created axes show_axes_for_extr_arcs (on/off).

Do you get the idea that the axes-for-arcs feature is not fully developed

Highlighted

Another Unix feature. This is somehing that goes on my nerves. See attached. Is it really "Not Responding" or is it working on something? I know the answer but there should be a better way to manage this.Frozen.png

Highlighted

I wouldn't call it a "Unix feature", since I've seen Window Explorer (explorer.exe) behaving exactly the same way. More like it's "Windows feature" and I don't think it has much to do with Creo itself, when you can get almost every application to "stop responding" like that.

Highlighted

Take a look at the CPU load while I am wating for this STEP file to open:

cpu_load.png

I have 4 cores CPU and only 14% of load on them! I know Creo is using only 1 core but this tells me that Creo is not optimized at all for Windows OS.

And, this is the CPU load when Creo finally opened STEP file:

cpu_idle.png

They should put some HARD work on this.

Highlighted

This one is a big one.

Wouldn't be nice, when you choose "Select component item", all other planes, axes and points to become invisible, so you can easily select features or datums from inserted detail? Then, when you choose "Select assembly item" if you hold CTRL key you can select detail (either in model tree or in model view) which will show datums only for selected one or if you do not hold CTRL key everything is shown like on this picture?

Mess.png

Highlighted

Hi Brian

Weld like solid feature is big challenge for me and one for my customer now. This could be useful for process where is necessary to show removing materials after welding.

weld1.jpg

weld2.jpg

weld3.jpg

Software consultant for PTC products.

Hi Radovan...

What tool were you showing in that video. We need that thing like... NOW!

I've never seen that before. The welding module is really pretty dated and bad. Whatever you showed was pretty amazing.

Thanks!

-Brian

Highlighted

It is only group of the fetures in Creo Parametric.

weld.png

The inspiration was SmartWeld from Sigmaxim

http://www.sigmaxim.com/Products/SmartWeld-3D/smartweld-3d.html

Software consultant for PTC products.
Highlighted

Symbols are stroke rendered in drawings - how about CREO using a True Type font for GD&T and other symbols eg Ø

Easy selection and editing of NOTES in drawings

to HIGHLIGHT a note you have to click exactly on one of the LINES of text

between the letters is OK, between the lines is NOT, end of lines NOT

once its highllighted you get a green rectangle around the text

but then you again cant just click anywhere in the rectangle to drag it - above rules apply

Whats worse, if you click in any of the NOT regions you end up deselecting the Note and

selecting the VIEW behind, you then have to get out of the VIEW context. But if you are

zoomed in, you dont know you have selected the VIEW and on it goes.

At first I thought I was a klutz but when you disect it its the programmer thats the klutz

This interface behaviour is very unforgiving - its basic low level stuff and its not right !

The basic code that governs this behaviour needs reviewing.

Highlighted

I agree Burt.... absolutely ridiculous. I'll bring it up today.

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.