Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Enhancement Requests for Creo - Summer 2013 TC Meetings

hi brian.

I think that a wiil be excelent that a future creo version have a library of flanges (ansi)....accesories as elbow, valves, tees,,,etc....in HDPE, steel and PVC...above all for mechanical designer/industrial designer than me ...

Too creo-piping have default configurated this options already been mentioned to route piping.

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Some low hanging fruits:

-- Config option save_display and opening a drawing

The option save_display yes makes Creo Parametric save an image of the drawing which is used when you open your drawing write protected. So far so good.

When you open the drawing in standard way the image is shown and you must not forget to update all views to show the current state of the model. Regenerating will not help.

If Creo is working to spec here this spec is dangerous and dead wrong !

Imagine you model a cube with all vertices rounded and create a drawing, save it under the option save_display yes. Dimensioning radii you do by a note 'all undimensioned rounds 3mm'.

A few days later you decide to remove some of the rounds in model, you dont touch the drawing. Another few days later someone else prints your drawing and gives it to manufacturing. The drawing looks correct but will show the old state of the model and you get scrap parts with all vertices rounded.

There is no flashing warnig to prevent this.

It must be the users choice how he wants to open the drawing

- standard with regeneration (maybe tedious with large drawings)

- fastopen using previously saved images

and this must be part of the opening dialog.

-- Highlighting Items in Help Tree

The current help item should be highlighted in the help tree. This would be especially useful when you search for a theme and want to get information of adjacent topics.

Reinhard

Hi Reinhard...

About the "save display" thing, I thought that was addressed previously. If it is indeed still working this way, I agree it's a problem that has to be fixed.

The latest version of the "Help" tool seems to be much, much nicer with links to the Learning Connector, PTC's website, and even PTC Community. Or... am I imagining that I saw that? Sheesh... I can't even recall now.

Thank you for the detailed and well-written message. I am a bit short on time at the moment but having a nice, concise, and detailed description of what you're asking for is tremendously helpful when I go back to compile one big wish-list.

Thanks again!

-Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

we all must praise you for your efforts to make Creo better. I think some low hanging fruits should be collected first.

- save_display still there when I checked at Hannover Fair in April

- Highlighting Help has improved but no highlighting

some more:

- Hiding ribbon - can be toggeld by Ctrl/F1. Ribbon is opened by pressing a tab. I would prefer the ribbon to open while pressing a hotkey which can be reached by left hand and to close when releasing the key.

- columns in model tree

You can dimension the width of each column in tree.cfg except the first. It wouldnt be ProE if you could do that.

- flyout menues

It is a pain to select a thread in the hole tool because the flyout window doesnt resize according to hole table. The window could go down to the bottom of the screen, once te thread is selected its closed anyway. This applies to other areas as well.

Have a nice weekend

Reinhard

Highlighted

Hi Danilo...

That would be wonderful. The "library" you're given with piping now is pretty bare bones and useless. So far, no one has really mentioned piping. At the Technical Committees, piping is not even discussed. I mean, I think the last two times we met I can't recall even one piping enhancement being discussed. It's not that piping doesn't need attention... it's just that everything else seems to need so much more attention.

What default options were you interested in for Creo Piping? Because of so little feedback on piping, there's probably a good chance to get your ideas in front of the piping people.

Thanks!

-Brian

Highlighted

Okay everyone...

The TC Meetings are actually happening right now. I've compiled a massive (and I mean massive) list of issues and items to discuss. I've planned out the next two days and I'll be taking as many of your comments, concerns, and enhancement requests to the PTC developers as I can.

Thanks to everyone for all the solid, actionable inputs. Just as I did in January, I'll post the completed spreadsheet of issues and whether or not I was able to get them into the discussion.

I'll post an update later today... thanks again!

-Brian

Highlighted

Okay everyone...

Between the new items and the existing carryovers from the last TC meetings in January, we have over 100 enhancement requests. That doesn't even count the ones from January that were addressed but required following up.

These meetings so far have been far less productive than the ones in January. I mean this only from my personal standpoint of being able to bring your enhancement requests to the developers. There hasn't been the same time allowed to discuss these issues and many of the available slots have been filled by other TC members hoping to be heard.

This is actually quite a bit different than January where I could almost run the floor for most of the meeting. This time, the presentations from PTC and some of the other members has really chewed into the time to discuss specifics.

I'll try again tomorrow and, like last time, publish a list of the issues which were addressed. I may need to hire a personal assistant to help keep it all straight!

Thanks again everyone...

-Brian

Highlighted

Keep at it Brian!

Wish I was down there to help you out!

Highlighted

Brian:

First let me say I appreciate your hard work with this committee.

I would like to see a selection to export a search path based on the current status of an assembly.

Here is how I imagine it working:

One opens an assembly model with or without a search path. The items loaded may be commodity items or specific versions of a part file stored in specific locations. It may be that when initially opened the parts are not found but after tediously searching for the items one can search around for them. Then one exports the current full path of all items as a single text file thus creating a search.pro file which applies to this specific version of your assembly.

I am sure there are other ways to acheive a similar result but I think this is the easiest way to ensure a complicated assembly which is loaded is reproduced in your next session.

Thanks,

Keith

Highlighted

Hi Keith...

Once upon a time you could get this kind of information from the model info window. I've tried unsuccessfully now for 20 minutes. Even setting the options to display the full path of each object in session, I do not actually GET the paths. The option seems to not work!

I'll get this on the list of requests. You can track the request on the updated spreadsheet of all requests which will be posted on the new Enhancement Requests for January 2014 Discussion thread (as soon as it's available).

Thanks!

-Brian

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.